Ca' Malipiero is on the second floor of an old Venetian palace from the 15th century, Malpiero Palazzo Trevisan, of which it occupies the main floor. It has been the noble residence of many families, of which the Trevisan and Malipiero have left their names. Pasqual Malipiero was the 66th doge of Venice and lived here during his brief administration from 1457-1462, to signalize the fact that he was the first to wear clothes of silk, while his wife, Giovanna Dandalo, began lace-making, an activity later transformed into an industry in its own right. Il dux pacificus, as he was called, was buried in the church of San Giovanni e Paulo. The tomb is attributed to the sculptor Pietro Solari, known as Lombardo, whose portrait is in the museum in Boston. Characteristic of the residence are not only the symmetrical facade and the mullioned window with its view of the ravishingly beautiful Piazza Santa Maria Formosa but also the 18th century frescoes embellishing its interior. Every detail of Ca' Malipiero recalls an illustrious past, from the frescoes on the high ceilings to the marble with countless reflections, and on strolling in, you are taken back in time. A stay in Ca' Malipiero offers a wonderful chance to inhale the atmosphere of our magical city and to spend a truly unforgettable holiday.